I don't mind games. I used to play them when I was younger. And I can see how beneficial they can be. They can educate and help develop eye-hand coordination. I do think that children should be given limits, by their parents, though, as to how much time is spent gaming. They need to do more than just play video games all day.
I decided to try Freerice for this post. It was kind of fun, but can become addictive. You just want to keep figuring out the words. I like how this builds vocabulary. Unfortunately, if you're like me though, you may not remember the words. I may be able to figure them out when put in context. But for me to just come up with and use, I'm not sure that the words I didn't know will come to mind. Truthfully, several of the words were not in my vocabulary, but I deduced some of the meanings by looking at the word and remembering what suffixes, prefixes, or root words meant and picked the definition out from the list. And then a few were pure luck.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment