I played the research questions game on the Carnegie Mellon site. I had played the shelving game a couple of months ago when I came across this site before. I don't know if there are instructions for the game that I somehow missed, but it was a little hard to figure out what to do when I started. The hints helped a little, but I got stuck when I couldn't figure out where to click to find out what I was searching for. My first 3 people got frustrated and one of them left. I started over, once I figured it out and then it went a little faster. It also took me a little bit to figure out picking up the books and putting them into the bookdrop. It was kind of fun, though.
I think games in the library are a good thing. It does get the kids that would normally not come into the library to come in. I don't know for sure, though, that they are using other library services. Some might be checking out books, but I do see those that just come in for the free computers. At least the games themselves, require them to be able to read. Depending on what they are playing, they may be using problem solving skills, they socialize in a way with games like Runescape, if they choose to use that function. Some games provide physcial activity, but I think they need to be encourage to only spend so much time on the video games and then go do other things, outside, when it's not too hot.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment