1. Doing a search on Google for bookstores near 77346, I found a store called Books N Boxes Plus, Barnes & Noble, and Family Christian Stores. The first one doesn't have an online presence, but I have been there because they have a post office in the store (the "Plus"). They're a used book seller, mostly paperbacks from what I remember. Barnes & Noble is in the mall down the road and most everyone has seen their website. The last one I listed, Family Christian Stores, also has an online presence. I've been in the store once, but not the website. Their site lists items similar to their store, they have Christian gift items as well as books and music. The tabs at the top lets you browse for these. The site is kind of a mini Barnes & Noble, but without some of the extra bells and whistles. You can purchase items online or you can search for a store nearby that may have the items in stock, similar to B&N.
2. I searched for The Stand, Stephen King, and found it in mass market paperback, $8.99, and hardcover, $12.98, at Barnes & Noble. I also searched Katy Budget Books and found the paperback for $8.99, but also found a hardcover for $50.00. They also had downloadable e-books for $50.00 each. I did not find CD copies but did find analog cassettes that could be special order, $88 for part 1 and $96 for part 2. Not much of a discount with these. Apparently, a CD version may not be available. I also searched Amazon and only found print versions and a Kindle copy, $8.99.
3. I liked the eBook in that I could make the text bigger, which made it easier to read off the computer screen. This is the part I don't like, because I have a desktop, I have to sit in my office chair to read the "book." If I could carry my computer around, lie down with it, I probably would enjoy reading eBooks. They are easy to manipulate around in, find exactly what you may want to read about by searching. You're arms don't get tired from having to hold up a heavy book. The eyes may get tired quicker, though, depending on your sensitivity to eye strain. For now, though, I think when it comes to reading a book, I would still like to have the traditional print copy. But if someone wants to give me a Kindle, I wouldn't say no.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment