1. I have not been a member of a book club. Probably because I've always been too shy to want to share my thoughts of a book or that I might actually show my lack of intelligence. I guess if I were to join one, I'd probably join an online club, just so I wouldn't be seen.
2. I don't really have many ideas for a bookclub, see answer above, but if I needed to put one together, I like the ideas of a mother-daughter club and clubs where the members decide on what they would like to read (like the one we already have). Going back to the first group idea, mothers and daughters would bring in suggestions, each individual, and hopefully mom would not have influenced daughter's list. Just to start the club, perhaps getting everyone to read Shannon Hale's The Goose Girl, since there is a reading guide available for this through the Kidsreads site of ReadingGroupGuides.com. Then, after discussing this book, each person can give a brief reason why the group should consider 2 of the titles on their lists, or however many to get through the year. This may take another meeting before a vote can be made. Also, having snacks during the meetings might be nice. Each member could bring a little something, perhaps made together?
3. I looked up The Stand on Shelfari and Library Thing. Reviews were similar, most people who posted liked the book, thought it to be King's best or one of, and there were a few who didn't like it. I guess I didn't find anything too surprising about that, as I agree with those who like the book.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment