I like del.icio.us. I have everything whenever I want or need to bookmark something this is where I keep track of them. On my home computer, I use Firefox and Firefox has a widget that you can add that lets you stay longed in to del.icio.us all of the time and have all of your bookmarks displayed in the side panel, if you want. Here at work I have the buttons added to Explorer so that I can quickly add bookmarks or go to my del.icio.us page, but I prefer firefox's set up. Since I don't use Explorer at home (have a mac), I don't really know if del.icio.us can be set up that way. Possibly it can, and I just am not aware of it.
I mainly use the site to keep track of bookmarks. I don't use the social part of it, although I do find it interesting at times to see how many others have bookmarked the sites that I have bookmarked. I started using the site a couple of years ago when a co-worker learned about it and was using it to keep track of her bookmarks. It's useful to be able to access your bookmarks from any computer. I think it could be a great reference tool.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment